- Improve awareness on how to avoid damaging buried utilities and prevent utility strikes
- Identify a safe, efficient approach to utility surveying to support project planning
- Competently use the latest detection and positioning technology and subsequently avoid utilities.
Accredited to the Energy and Utility Skills Register (EUSR)
Every year there are over 60,000 cable strikes while performing excavation works in the UK alone. As part of our training provision at the Operator Skills Hub, we can offer a range of utility detection training at our world-class detection facility, designed in partnership with Leica Geo Systems.
Our comprehensive training programme is focused on reducing the risks of utility strikes in the construction and infrastructure industry. Our experienced team of trainers can support any candidate, regardless of their experience, to locate and identify services and any associated risks, whilst developing a good understanding of the latest health, safety and environmental legislations.
Using a blended approach of on site practical learning and theory in a classroom environment, our courses place a strong emphasis on safety to ensure candidates develop the right skills to keep everyone safe from the risk of a utility strike.
- EUSR category 1 utility detection training
- EUSR category 2 safe digging practices
- Advanced engineers courses
- Leica advanced training
- SHEA gas e-learning and assessment
- DWI water e-learning and assessment
“Training establishment is superb, 5 stars, simulators are amazing!!”
Phil, March 2021
“SEATS course very well delivered and the trainer really knew his stuff!”
Mo, June 2021
“Excellent training, highly recommend this place for GPS.”
Chris, February 2021
“Trainer put me at ease and delivered the course brilliantly.”
Howard, June 2021
“Trainer is the best I’ve ever had in the UK because of his personal and professional skills.”
GC, August 2021
“Facilities are brilliant, trainers really put you through your paces and in a great environment.”
SD, June 2021