- Equip candidates with the skills and knowledge to work safely and effectively on road and street work sites as per City & Guilds standard
- Understand the requirements of the New Roads and Street Works Act (NRSWA)
- Identify the correct personal protective and safety equipment required to carry out street works activities.
- Provide a safe working environment for themselves, other workers and members of the public
New Roads and Street Works Act training (NRSWA)
Training programmes designed for plant operators who carry out excavation, backfill and reinstatement during street works.
If you are responsible for carrying out works on a highway, these vocational qualifications cover a range of skills from safeguarding work areas to carrying out excavations and re-instatement works. Specific courses are available for both operators and supervisors.
NRSWA courses provide routes to registration or re-registration on the Street Works Qualifications Register (SWQR). From April 2011 under the provisions of the NRSWA 1991, anyone carrying out work on a highway in England is required to be reassessed every five years.
The New Roads and Street Works Act (NRSWA) sets out the procedures and guidelines for personnel employed by local authorities, utility companies and their contractors for the purpose of any road works in the highway or on footpaths.
- NRSWA course supervisor units
- NRSWA course operator units
- NRSWA operatives training
- NRSWA re-assessment
“Training establishment is superb, 5 stars, simulators are amazing!!”
Phil, March 2021
“SEATS course very well delivered and the trainer really knew his stuff!”
Mo, June 2021
“Excellent training, highly recommend this place for GPS.”
Chris, February 2021
“Trainer put me at ease and delivered the course brilliantly.”
Howard, June 2021
“Trainer is the best I’ve ever had in the UK because of his personal and professional skills.”
GC, August 2021
“Facilities are brilliant, trainers really put you through your paces and in a great environment.”
SD, June 2021