- The course aims to enable operators to competently check, prepare and operate four machines. The course duration is between 12-16 months and on completion candidates will be able to:
- Operate a range of plant and equipment safely and efficiently
- Undertake a range of non-operational activities with each machine such as the checking, maintaining, and cleaning of their machine
- Direct and guide other plant and vehicles, also known as marshalling
- Interact and understand the roles of a wide range of different stakeholders including customers, contractors, members of the public, supervisors, other trades/occupations and more.
Are you looking for a career as a plant operator?
Developed by Flannery Plant Hire, the new Construction Plant Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship has been designed for anyone looking for a sustainable career path in this busy and exciting sector.
As one of the biggest employers of operators in the UK, Flannery has a great deal of experience in preparing new starters for the demands of the task, this is fully factored into our training programme. All apprentices will be supported by experienced trainers both at the Operator Skills Hub and on site.
This programme includes CPCS tickets and training on four common types of construction plant including a 360 degree excavator, dumper/dump truck, forklift, and ride-on roller. The ability to operate a core range of plant on site will enable apprentices to work across several projects and progress onto courses for specialist plant such as graders or dozers.
Successful candidates will work on construction and civil engineering sites and will need to travel to and from the site either on a daily or weekly basis. You will work in an outdoor environment in all seasons and depending on the type of project i.e. roadworks, rail maintenance, this may include overnight, weekend or anti-social hours.
If you are looking for an exciting career where no day is the same, get in touch with the team.
- 360 excavators
Loaders & dumpers
- Forward tipping dumpers
- Articulated dump trucks
“Training establishment is superb, 5 stars, simulators are amazing!!”
Phil, March 2021
“SEATS course very well delivered and the trainer really knew his stuff!”
Mo, June 2021
“Excellent training, highly recommend this place for GPS.”
Chris, February 2021
“Trainer put me at ease and delivered the course brilliantly.”
Howard, June 2021
“Trainer is the best I’ve ever had in the UK because of his personal and professional skills.”
GC, August 2021
“Facilities are brilliant, trainers really put you through your paces and in a great environment.”
SD, June 2021