This sets out Operator Skills Hub’s Privacy Notice. It is to be read in conjunction with the Website Terms & Conditions of Use.
The Operator Skills Hub Website Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice regulates the use and protection by Operator Skills Hub, an unincorporated joint venture between Balfour Beatty Plant & Fleet Services Limited (company registered number: 02449888) as agent for Balfour Beatty Group Limited (company number 00101073) (“Balfour Beatty”) and P. Flannery Plant Hire (Oval) Limited (company registered number: 01058421 (“Flannery”), (collectively “Operator Skills Hub”, “we” (“us”) or “our” of “personal data” you provide to Operator Skills Hub when using this Website or contact details displayed on the Website in connection with Operator Skills Hub’s provision of best-in-class plant operator training.
Personal data is information which identifies (or which could, with other information that we hold or are likely to hold, identify) a living individual.
If you are under the age of 16 please obtain the permission of your parent or guardian before using this Website.
Balfour Beatty and Flannery are “joint controllers” under the Data Protection Act 2018 and each process personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) (“Data Protection Laws”).
Balfour Beatty and Flannery as, Operator Skills Hub (an unincorporated joint venture), have entered into a joint venture agreement which sets out their responsibilities in terms of processing of personal data shared between Balfour Beatty and Flannery as joint venture partners of Operator Skills Hub and joint controllers.
For queries on data protection, in relation to processing by:
- Balfour Beatty, please contact Balfour Beatty’s Group Data Protection Officer at Group Data Protection Officer, Balfour Beatty Plc, 5 Churchill Place, Canary Wharf, London, England, E14 5HU or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Flannery, please contact Flannery’s Data Protection Officer at Rob Gaubert, Flannery, Flannery House, Third Way, Wembley, HA9 0RZ or email@example.com
We will not collect any personal data about you or individuals accessing this website, except where it is specifically and knowingly provided or where it is necessary for Operator Skills Hub to process or hold for the purposes of the goods or services it provides and where there is a valid legal basis for doing so. Examples of personal data that you may provide to us when accessing this Website, and which we may collect and process, are:
- personal details such as: your first name and last name, email address, telephone number and/or mobile phone number, credit or debit card payment details, attendance records and training course and certificate records;
- feedback, views or queries relating to our services, training courses and/or information on the Website “Contact Us” form (where available) or other modes of contact;
- strictly necessary and analytics cookies subject to the cookies banner and cookies preference centre;
Operator Skills Hub will also only process cookie information about your computer in the form of strictly necessary cookies as set out in the cookies notice section on the Website, subject to your chosen cookie and privacy settings as available by your browser provider in relation to your IP address, operating system and browser type. However, we will not collect, sell or share any information about individual users.
Where we store your personal data
All personal data you provide to us via the use of this Website is stored on systems with appropriate technical and organisational security measures and controls located in within either the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or the United Kingdom which are sufficient to comply with the requirements under the Data Protection Laws. Operator Skills Hub will only store your personal data for as long as necessary for Operator Skills Hub require in order to process such personal data for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice or as required for legal or regulatory purposes. Further, personal data regarding reported faults will only be stored and retained by Operator Skills Hub for a period of 2 years from entry or as long as necessary where the issue remains active or as otherwise required for Operator Skills Hub audit purposes. The accuracy of the information that we hold about you is important to us. If any of the personal data we hold about you becomes inaccurate or out of date (e.g. a contact/contact information changes), or you object to or wish to restrict us processing it, please inform us as soon as possible using the contact details below, so we can update our records.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Uses made of the personal data
We use personal data held about you for the following purposes:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any agreement that we have with, or concerning, you including any training courses made available by to you by us, issuing of certificates from industry training awarding bodies, processing of credit card payment due to us from you and/or to provide you with the information, benefits and services that you request from us;
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for users;
- To contact you in order to send you information that you have asked us to provide such as information on our training courses, projects or initiatives either by email, telephone or via the “Contact Us” page on the Website or which we think may be useful to you;
- To contact you in order to send you marketing communications regarding our future training courses or services, where you have provided explicit opt-in consent to such marketing;
- To notify you about our services and any changes to our services;
- To collect information, subject to your chosen cookie and privacy settings made available by your browser provider, for strictly necessary cookies required for administration of the Website, such as your IP address, operating system and browser type for the purposes of processing of strictly necessary cookies and may share this data with our nominated website developers or analytics providers;
- Complying with our legal obligations, any relevant industry or professional rules and regulations or any applicable voluntary codes;
- Complying with demands or requests made by any relevant training awarding bodies, regulators, government departments and law enforcement authorities or in connection with any disputes or litigation;
- In connection with any sale, merger, acquisition, disposal, reorganisation or similar change of entity in relation to the entity managing the
Unless otherwise agreed with you, we will not use any of your personal data for automated decision-making or profiling.
Disclosure of your information
Operator’s Skill Hub will share your information with Balfour Beatty and Flannery where necessary and their respective managing agents and professional advisers.
Please note: once your personal data has been shared, separate privacy notices may apply in relation to processing of your personal data individually controlled by Balfour Beatty or Flannery as made available separately by such parties.
Where required by law or regulatory requirement, or where necessary to fulfil our contract with you, we may also share your personal data or information with:
- other companies who provide goods/services to us;
- industry training awarding bodies;
- our professional advisers and auditors;
- regulators, government departments, law enforcement authorities, and insurance companies;
- any relevant ombudsman, dispute resolution body or the courts; and
- persons in connection with any sale, merger, acquisition, disposal, reorganisation or similar change in the Balfour Beatty and/or Flannery business or a member of Balfour Beatty or Flannery’s respective group
Personal data shall not be transferred to or stored at a destination outside either the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and/or the United Kingdom unless required for the purposes of transfers by Balfour Beatty or Flannery to each of their respective group companies who may be located outside of either the EEA or the United Kingdom in which cases such transfers shall be subject to appropriate safeguards such as EC model clause data transfer agreements, an EC adequacy decision (EEA) or UK secretary of state decision in relation to the country location, consent from you or other alternative safeguards in accordance with the Data Protection Laws. The transmission of information via email or the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; and any transmission is at your own risk.
Legal basis for processing
Data Protection Laws require that we meet certain conditions before we are allowed to use your personal data as described in this Privacy Notice. For personal data which is not ‘sensitive personal data’ or ‘special categories of personal data’ under Data Protection Laws, unless otherwise notified, we rely on a condition known as “legitimate interests” in order to process your personal data for the above specified purposes. For example, it is in our legitimate interests to process your personal data in relation to your business contact names, and contact details where it is required by us in order to for us to:
- ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for users;
- allow you to participate in interactive features on or via our Website
- administer and respond to inquiries from you in connection with your use of the Website, our products or services or information on reported faults via the contact pages on the Website; and
- meet legal obligations under the Data Protection Laws to hold necessary information as part of our GDPR compliance programme record-keeping
We will ensure that the collection and processing of your personal data:
- is kept to a minimum with regards to the amount of data collected and the extent of any processing;
- will not be overly intrusive to you; and
- will be proportionate in order to meet our legitimate interests, as
If applicable, we will only process ‘sensitive personal data’ or ‘special categories of personal data’ provided by you where you have provided your explicit consent to do so via a separate consent form referencing this Privacy Notice or where there is an alternative legal basis for such processing under Data Protection Laws. ‘Sensitive personal data’ or ‘special categories of personal data’ include:
- personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs or trade union membership;
- genetic and biometric data; and
- data concerning health, sex life and sexual
We will only process your personal data for marketing purposes in relation to marketing communications regarding future Operator Skills Hub training courses or services where you have where you have provided your explicit opt-in consent for such communications via a separate consent form referencing this Privacy Notice. If you wish to withdraw your consent to any marketing communications, please send a consent withdrawal request to the contact details below under ‘Contact Us and Complaints’.
Your rights in relation to your personal data
Under Data Protection Laws you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- right to access your personal data by a subject access request;
- right to have your personal data rectified if inaccurate/incomplete;
- right to object to direct marketing;
- in certain circumstances, the right:
- to have your data erased or removed, and where the personal data has been made public, that other controllers processing the personal data also erase links to, or copy or replication of, such personal data;
- to restrict the processing of your data;
- of data portability, namely to obtain and reuse your data for your own purposes across different services;
- to not be subjected to automated decision making (including profiling) where it produces a legal effect or a similarly significant effect on you; and
- the right to bring a civil action if there is a breach of the Data Protection
Contact us and complaints
You may contact us in relation to the above rights in connection with Operator Skills Hub’s processing of your personal data by contacting:
- For Data Subject Requests Balfour Beatty’s Data Subject Requests Team at: DSR@balfourbeatty.com or via our online portal
- For Complaints Balfour Beatty‘s Group Data Protection Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Flannery’s Data Subject Requests and Complaints Flannery’s Data Protection Officer at Rob Gaubert at email@example.com
These requests are administered free of charge. Your request will be dealt with promptly and the information to which you are entitled will be provided to you no later than one month (except in extenuating circumstances) from when we receive your request, subject to any requirements and exemptions of Data Protection Laws. If such extenuating circumstances mean we are unable to comply with your request within one month, we will tell you as soon as possible about this delay.
If you are not happy with the way in which your personal data is held or processed by us, or if you are not satisfied with our handling of any request by you in relation to your rights, we would request that you raise a complaint with either data protection contact at the contact details set out above in the first instance, however, you always have the right to raise a concern re: data protection matters to the Information Commissioner Office (ICO). The ICO is the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights. You can find out more about the ICO on its website (https://ico.org.uk/).
Links to other website
This Privacy Notice only applies to this Website and does not apply to any links within the site linking to other websites. We ask you to read the privacy notices on other websites you visit.
Changes to this privacy notice
This Privacy Notice is correct as at 19th of March 2021, however, we keep this Privacy Notice under regular review, and we reserve the right to change it at any time on notice to you.
We will email you to notify you of these changes where:
- we are making substantial changes, or
- where we are doing something with your personal data, which you might not expect based on what we have told you in this Privacy
Otherwise, any updates to this Privacy Notice will be notified to you by a clearly highlighted banner on the homepage of this Website.